Baltimore Community Lending, Inc.
Baltimore Community Lending is looking for a dynamic individual driven to work with our lenders to assist them in providing capital to small and mid-sized developers who are acquiring and rehabbing properties to provide affordable housing throughout Baltimore City.
Baltimore Community Lending (BCL) is a non-profit real estate financing corporation and certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). The BCL mission is to support the revitalization and strengthening of Baltimore neighborhoods through innovative and flexible financing programs. The Company has a 28 year history of providing construction financing to non-profit and for-profit developers of properties in Baltimore City neighborhoods and neighborhood commercial districts. As our business continues to expand we need a well-organized individual who is able to assist our loan officers and learn the lending business.
This position provides support to the Real Estate Loan Officers at Baltimore Community Lending. The primary function is to assist with the client services functions and directly coordinate the collection of required documents, the preparation of loan closing packages on approved loans, and follow-up documentation as needed. This position requires a significant amount of customer contact. The primary functions of the position are administrative in nature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting the Loan Officers with compilation of information during the application, underwriting and approval process for a loan
- Assisting in the collection of all documentations as required by the loan officer and consistent with normal lending practices.
- Collect financials from borrower/guarantors.
- Contact customers, when directed, to gather loan application information for review.
- Once the loan is approved, assist the Loan officers’ work with attorneys and Title companies to order loan documents, appraisals, environmentals, flood certifications and all other required items needed for settlement.
- Monitoring, collecting and removing items from the documentation exception list
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Experience with commercial real estate or community development collateral and lending a plus
- A minimum of an AA degree is required, with a Finance, Accounting or Real Estate concentration preferred. Experience in these fields can be substituted for a specific degree in these disciplines.
- Must possess ability to work in a fast paced environment and maintain a high degree of accuracy.
- Must have the ability to enter data in a computer with speed and accuracy; and exhibit good mathematical aptitude.
- Must be a confident team member, who is not afraid to offer informed solutions when identified issues and challenges relating to loan program implementation arise.
- Must be able to show experience to organize, and be able to perform timely, accurate and comprehensive analyses and detailed reporting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of software, including Word, Excel and Outlook, is required.
At least five years of experience in the areas of accounting, financial analysis, or credit for commercial, industrial and/or nonprofit organizations. Candidates with loan processing experience are preferred.
Compensation, paid as a salary with benefits, is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The excellent benefits package includes 40lk plan with match, health insurance, life and disability insurance, and paid annual leave.
How to Apply:
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Resumes@BCLending.org with “Loan Associate” in the subject line.
BCL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE