Resources, both capital and staff, are needed to get “dollars out on the streets” where they can make a difference revitalizing neighborhoods. And, we need your help to do this. A contribution from you will help to support BCL general operations and other activities—from individual technical assistance and guidance, to BCL workshops and seminars.
You can financially support BCL in several ways:
- Contribute by MAIL. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit, all donations are fully tax-deductible. Make your check payable to Baltimore Community Lending and mail it to us at:Baltimore Community Lending
120 East Baltimore Street, Suite 1810
Baltimore, MD 21202
- Donate ONLINE.
- Contribute AND EARN TAX CREDITS. Maryland Community Investment Tax Credits are available to individuals and businesses, and can be claimed to offset a state tax liability in addition to your federal and state deductions for charitable contributions. Additionally, for a minimum donation of $500, the net cost of the contribution may be less for each dollar contributed. For example, if you donate $500 to BCL:
- Your state tax liability is reduced by a $250 tax credit
- Your federal taxes are reduced by a $125 charitable deduction (based on 25% personal tax rate)
- Your state taxes are reduced by a $35 charitable deduction (based on 7% personal tax rate)
- Your net contribution cost: $90
Tax rates described above are for illustrative purposes only. Consult an accountant or tax professional for information about your specific tax.
To learn more about how you can obtain a tax credit, contact Patricia Clements.